Yeah, add another point to my resume.

Luc does.
Alright, scuba was not bad. In fact, I was worried I'd forgotten everything, but I hadn't. Just a few small things. Like which direction my BC connects to my air tank. And that if you stop-breathe (hold your breath momentarily at the end of exhalation or inhalation) for a long time, you come out of the water with a headache. I'd also forgotten the strange sensation of my sinuses being basically inflated. It feels like the passage between your nose and mouth is somehow closing, and you want to blow your nose or something, but that's impossible. So, after the first 1 or 2 nervous dives on the first day, I was fine. We did 3 dives, rested, ate, and played for about 6 hours, then went for 1 night dive. (Only a small group. I was leader of the Advanced-Course group of students) The night diving was incredible, but a bit scary. I know I used considerably more air than normal. (Rapid breathing)
Sleep, wake up at 5:30, repeat. The advanced group went out on boats the second day. We did 3 more dives, this time reaching depths of 45 meters, and saw stingrays. (That's 148 feet, or roughly 15 stories underwater. Sweet, right?) We ate and played in the waterpark at a brand new resort where our scuba center was located. The buffet was so awesome it had made-to-order pasta, pizza, and udon, as well as salmon and (holy shit) tuna sashimi. O.O But the best part, (chocoholic warning) was the chocolate fondue fountain.
Sleep, wake up at 5:30, repeat. My advanced course group was broken up to join the 3 normal groups and everyone did boat diving together. The regular course students were so cute because they were like, "Wow! It's a boat! I never thought I'd be on a boat!" As a side note, riding on the front of a boat is still awesome. That evening, we went back to our resort, had a buffet including one of those whole roasted pigs.... apple and everything. (Just like last year, but still, weird) and we all received our licenses. Then we went out to a club. (Yes, me and 30-several of my college age students and the scuba instructor went to a club together.)
No comments:
Post a Comment