Srsly. For Rls
Ok, so I just signed a new contract to stay for another year in Korea. I love it here, miss people immensely, and continue back and forth. A little recycling:
"I almost just signed it without a second thought or glance, I've been thinking about staying for so long. But I made myself pause. Then I signed. My students cheered.......................
That pause when I was signing the contract last week brought it all back. Suddenly, I miss everyone again. And suddenly, a year feels like a very long time all over again.
Back and forth, back and forth.
My american life is like, all of my history so far. I grew up there. All my closest oldest friends are there. My memories are there. My family is there. Opportunities and dreams. The people I love.
Back and forth, back and forth.
All the lame stuff is there, too. All the mistakes, all the people I left behind for a reason. All the failures, all the boring day-to-day crap. All the bad attitudes. All the emo. The culture I hate.
Back and forth.
I ran away. That's exactly what I did. If I ran away, I should never look back, right?
Back
I never wanted to run away. It was just another experience, an unimaginable opportunity to learn, to help. A foreign experience period.
Forth"
And in other news: Official processes and red tape never cease to thwart me. I can't yet change my foreign registration card because they didn't tell me one of the forms I needed until I got there. Why? No one seems to know. I'll try again next week.
I've met some new people recently. 2 Complete strangers, who are just friendly enough not to scare me away. But I feel amazingly connected to these people. The things we've talked about just keep revealing commonalities. And both of them are considerably older than me and married, oddly enough. One speaks english quite well. The other doesn't. And yet, I've found in these two people a depth and a substance in conversation that I've lacked for a long time. And I just couldn't help but feel close to these people almost immediately, like we were old friends who go way back just after a couple of hours each. Good feeling.
I read the New York Times, or listen to BBC world news, and it just tells me the same kind of things, over and over. The world is fighting with itself, in a new place this time. Culture advances and mixes. There's a lot I'm not hearing about because it's always the same countries, and the same people on the headlines. Getting sick of the news.
This weekend should be hectic and fun. 2 private lessons, each followed by 2 parties. One party is for Ross and as many interns as I could round up! His girlfriend is great, I really wish them the best. It's just amazing the way they met. "첫눈에 반했다" my latest korean phrase ("Fell in love at first sight") I remember because of them.
My world is bombarding me at the moment, and in a moment of pause, I thought of another way to put that:
"The whole 'reap what you sow' analogy is a bit too shallow, because most people forget that when you harvest, you harvest EVERYTHING at once."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment