Alright, so it was a weekend. And I had quite a few plans! One friend came into town after another.
The first was Bae, Jun Ho. (Family names are first) He and I usually just get together and talk over a few drinks. Honestly, it's not that exciting, and we often have a bit of trouble communicating, but not too bad. Just the occasional lookup of a word like "stubborn" is all we need for small talk. My korean knowledge carries the conversation these days, though I understand the broken english he tries. Not many friends I just talk to like him, though. It's nice. Oddly, though, I don't like a lot of things about his demeanor. But we stay in touch, and he's considering going to America, so he asks me a lot about it.
Nextly, Ross came to Daejeon!! With his korean girlfriend, Kim Hee Jeong. They're great, and Hee Jeong and I have good conversations due to our shared foreign living experience. She lived in Australia for a while, and also spent 3 months in the US with Ross. She's a cool and funny chick, and a bit shy. Very proper korean woman. ^_^ It seems the way that she and Ross met is like they were just pushed together by fate, and fell for each other. It's a great story, even if Ross isn't that good at telling it. (Sorry, Ross.) I'm happy for them, and wish them the best.
Anyhow, Ross coming to Daejeon was a pretty big deal. I invited as many of the previous Lee Brothers interns as I could. After some complications for some friends, the resulting crowd was Me, Lee Yujin, Choi Chang Un, Kim Se Young, and Kim Borami + Borami's friend. All meeting at seperate times and places, but we were all together in the end for dinner and games and drinks. POJANG MAJCHA! We watched G.I. Joe, went to the university, and played all over town. A great time was had by all.
Think I'll go to Incheon with Ross on Wednesday or Thursday. I'm excited because it's the beach and it's a festival. Hopefully awesome. Definitely awesome, if our plans come together well and we can stay overnight.
I was supposed to work over the weekend. I did, a little bit. Saturday mornings I'm practicing english as a favor to a friend with a group of 4 elementary school kids. They love me, but still almost treat me like a teacher. It's cool. Very comfortable there. All we do is play. I mean, we sit down and talk about a certain topic for a little while, but it quickly regresses to word/english games, and then to some other more active game. Free coffee and snacks, and a lot of fun. Their favorite game is hide-and seek.
Another thing I was supposed to do over the weekend, workwise, was proofread some very important and urgent letters. I have no internet access at home, and maintenance this weekend at the university meant I couldn't check from the office, either. I could've walked to the top of the hill beside my apartment, paid a few bucks worth at a PC room to check my e-mail and have it all done by this morning, but I opted to just chill at home. It's ok, I finished them before the end of business today, anyways. ^^
Hopefully, I can get a camera sometime soon, but until then, I'll have to rely on friends with cameras and a willingness to share. Should be some pics coming to supplement this post soon.
Time to go get medieval on some japanese and chinese historical figures, with some demons thrown in for good measure. That's right, I'm going to play "Orochi Warriors."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment